Cheyenne and Arapaho Productions (CAP) is the first Native American-owned and operated broadcast TV station in the State of Oklahoma. Presenting programming to inform, educate, and inspire, the goal of CAP is to preserve and promote the history, language, and culture of the Cheyenne and Arapaho people. Offering the best Native American programming available, CAP also strives to respect, honor, and uphold the traditions and cultures of all Native Americans.
Since 2012, CAP has operated as a low-power, public broadcast TV station, originating from Cheyenne and Arapaho tribal headquarters in Concho, OK. Offering local community and tribal government information, language education and cultural events, CAP is also an affiliate of FNX Channel First Nations Experience (www.fnx.org) to provide a variety of rich cultural programs for the benefit and enjoyment of all viewers.
Areas of Focus
- Language: With the goal to preserve and promote the use of the Cheyenne and Arapaho languages, CAP produces original language education programming for both children and adults.
- Elders: To honor and respect our tribal elders, our goal is to capture and preserve their stories, experiences, and wisdom, so that they can be shared with all the Cheyenne and Arapaho people.
- Children and Youth: Producing programming to promote a positive, healthy self-image, our Children’s programming is designed to instill a sense of appreciation and pride in their culture and heritage. CAP also offers programming older children that encourage healthy lifestyle choices, such as avoiding drug and alcohol abuse, as well as the value of staying in school and a secondary education.
- Social Issues Information: As an adjunct to the services and resources available to Tribal members, CAP provides programming focusing on social issues that affect our citizens, such as suicide, alcohol abuse, depression, domestic and sexual abuse, drop-outs, teen pregnancy, and unemployment.
- Cultural Understanding: CAP programming is also provided for non-native cultures to help promote a better understanding and appreciation of Native American pride, heritage, and culture.
Visit the CATV Soundcloud