The Higher Education Scholarship Program may provide scholarship assistance to any enrolled Cheyenne and Arapaho tribal citizen, regardless of residency, who are attending an accredited institution of higher learning. Students must be actively pursuing a Higher Education degree at an accredited institution. Students must be working toward a minimum of an associate degree.
Students are ineligible for scholarship assistance if attending a non-accredited institution, school for profit and schools that do not provide general education college credit courses (ex. Vocational technical schools) that will not transfer to an accredited higher education institution.
Students must complete the “HIE Scholarship 2022-2023 application”. Completed applications will be processed in the order they are received. Processing time is 4 to 6 weeks from the time a completed application is submitted with all required documents attached. Processing time may take longer if the applicant fails to submit all required documents at the time of submission or in an untimely manner. Should the student’s contact information change after completion of the application, the student must contact the Higher Education office to update their record.
Semester Application Deadline
Fall October 1st
Spring March 1st
Summer* June 1st
Summer Assistance: Summer funding may assist with a maximum of part-time funding.
Applications may be submitted by the following options:
Scanned and Emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailed: Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes
Higher Education Program
PO Box 167
Concho, OK 73022
Additional services are available to students and the student must complete the ”Supplemental 2022-2023 Application” along with required documents:
- Concurrent college class assistance for textbooks and fees (tuition is paid by OK).
- High School Senior Expense assistance of $100 to be used for graduation and/or high school senior related expenses.
- High School Graduation Incentive of $150. Applicant must submit an official transcript with the graduation date listed.
- Incentive Awards for college students who complete full-time status with Grade Point Averages (GPA) of 3.00-3.49 ($100), 3.50-3.99 ($200) and 4.00 ($300).
- Incentive Awards for attainment of Degrees: Associates ($400), Bachelors ($500), Masters ($600), Doctorate Degrees ($1,000).
An additional scholarship is available to students, this is the Rick West Art Scholarship and students must be enrolled in an Art Degree program.